Sunday, June 23, 2013

The poll so far...

Since the poll at the foot of my blog has now started to behave itself, it can now be viewed in a more meaningful way. I do now regret putting the poll right at the bottom as only a very small number of those who visit the blog choose to vote.

That being said, what I have seen so far I'm finding very positive. I wanted to see how both women and men feel about the intimacy of anal, but had even less idea about how men felt than women.

I know it was a huge assumption, but since I can only view the act from my perspective as a woman I thought that most woman who have anal sex would be affected in a similar way. I had thought that the intimate aspect was a female thing, because we are the ones being penetrated, sharing ourselves in a deeply personal way. I'm talking of just the mental side. I feel intensely emotional on several levels. One is that I'm trusting him. Another is that by being possessed in such a way I'm very turned on and excited. The last is that in a way I'm making this offering and the reward I get in return is seeing this incredible pleasure that he gets.

I had thought that for men it was largely the physical side of anal sex that they liked, but from the poll results so far men too are without exception finding anal sex more intimate.

Is this why we feel something beyond the intense physical connectedness when we make love this way? I've asked both my husband and others before but on the whole men are not as good at describing how they feel, or at least not in any way I can relate to. Perhaps you just have to be a man to truly get it.

5 comments:

  1. Not to want to say something different from what you said but... the way you asked the question has biased the results.
    If you would have written as choices :
    "I am a man and I prefer anal because of the physical sensations"
    and
    "I am a man and I prefer anal because it is more intimate"

    You may have had different answers.
    Yet, I do prefer anal because I feel more intimacy, complicity... more love in anal sex. I don't expect girlfriends to be anal-focused... but I would greatly desire my wife to be so.

    Truth is, when you have an obsession, you want it to be something magic. Even if it does not seem to be at first glance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what you're driving at. With hindsight I would perhaps have worded it slightly differently.
    But, too many options can also force people to choose artificially. If I had gone with your suggestion I would make people choose between the physical side or the intimacy. I already have a good idea (though perhaps I am wrong) about where men stand on the physical. What I am curious about (hence the whole blog title and concept) is how it effects people on an emotional level.

    I do appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont take this the wrong way but I agree, we needed more options. The poll just seems too simplistic. If you don't think anal sex is intimate (well I do do, but this is just an example) the only option is to say no or as you put it "not at all" which gives the idea its not enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's more than one way to read anything...

      Delete
  4. More thoughts on the poll:

    So far men responding outnumber women by about 3:1

    Now, I know the numbers probably don't mean too much, but if this is a rough indication of the real numbers who read the blog what does this mean?

    That more men are interested in anal sex than women?
    Or that men are just more interested in sex related material than women?
    Or that the main sites that refer to here are visited more by men?

    ReplyDelete